For Sale

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!!

This post was supposed to have been sent on Mother's Day 2015.
I hope all you mothers had a beautiful day celebrating you! 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

Happy Mother's Day!!  DD took me to dinner last night, just the two of us and we had a really nice time!  Today is all about the mother and MIL.

Flower Pens.  I know it's been around for a long time but I thought I'd share.  Mahalo to Phoebe at Ben Franklin in Kailua who reminded me just how quick and easy this pretty gift is, perfect for my mother-in-law:

 
Supplies need: Silk flower (I purchased these beautiful Gerber daisies from Ben Franklin for $1.49 each. They look very real!), wire cutter, green florist tape, pens (I used the clear pens like BIC brand),

First cut the plastic stem, making sure not to cut the wire in the middle.  Tear plastic steam off.  Shorten the wire so that you can add it inside the clear plastic tubing of the pen.
Wrap florist tape around the clear pen all the way to the base of the flower.  I personally like some clear pen to show so I only wrapped the top and I also positioned the tape so that the flower pens were at different heights.
All done!!!  Stick the finished pens in a pretty vase, wrap a bow around it, add a tag and they are ready for giving!!

 ~~~~~~~~~ Side note ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unbeknownst to me, my son presented this beautiful gift to me for Mother's Day!!!



And yes, it is flower pen!! LOL!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I love the pen flower. I've seen many around, but I have never had a chance to look up how to make one. Thanks for the helpful tutorial. It would be fun to make one one day.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate YOU!