For Sale

Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Little Aloha

With the left overs from the Tropical Flair class, I decided to create a mini paper bag.

To see the size of the little bag, here it is compared to a 3x3 card and 3x3 post-it note holder.

I only used a 6 x 12 inch paper, scoring at 1 3/4" for the sides. Top folds down 1" and the bottom folds up 1 1/2". This is also where the teacher learns from her students. A special thank you to Byron for sharing the idea of braiding the raffia handles. He shared another bag he made entirely on his own after our class. I was so proud of him!!

And the full ensemble with 2 bags of Hawaii Islands Tea Hibiscus Honey Lemon green tea. A perfect little Aloha gift for tea at the Mission House Tea Parlor today!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

That is just the best 'local' crafty thing I've seen in awhile. I love everything about it...the size, colors, design, and especially the braided handles. You get an A+!

HawaiianLibrarian said...

Sweet and lovely, he onaona o ka hua 'ai o ka ho'okipa (the scent of the fruit of hospitality), your pinapple ensemble is a perfect hostess gift.

Lilythepink said...

I am delighted to find this blog. I used to do some tea swaps a couple of years ago but had to give up crafting due to ill health. I have signed up for the March swap In the meantime I am enjoying reading your posts here and am impressed with the things you have made.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate YOU!