For Sale

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Leftover chipboard altered to become . . .

Leftover pieces of chipboard from many chipboard classes past. Knew what I wanted to do with them, just didn't find the time. Well, 2 more fell right in front of me today as I was cleaning out my things. Putting everything aside, I decided to jump right in and do that project I've been wanting to do with them for a while!

These pieces were already the perfect size. So I grabbed a piece of scrap paper. Added Modge Podge onto chipboard, adhered to chipboard. Turned piece over, added Modge Podge onto other side. Folded paper over to cover this side.

Cut off all extra pieces of paper.
Rounded corners with the Gator.
Now that the piece was all covered, time to decorate. Pulled out the scrap paper again and created my favorite flower paper piecing design. Because this will be used often (hopefully!), all the pieces had to be fully tacked with my favorite adhesive -- for those who ask, I always use and love Aleene's Tacky Glue & toothpick tool. Finishing touches now: Set an eyelet into a hole on the top to hold the fiber. Added rubons and...
Wa-La! Bookmarkers! That was really very quick. Final step... the packaging . . .
There we go. All done and this gift is ready to give to my favorite librarian whom I will see in a couple of weeks. ;o)
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are so delightful!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate YOU!