For Sale

Saturday, January 14, 2012

How to make "Another Purse"

I received several requests for the purse I did here so I created a quick tutorial.

You will need 2 pieces of paper: Paper for the bottom of the purse measuring 8.5" x 10"; and paper for the top of the purse measuring 7 1/4" x 6 1/4".
Let's create the bottom of the purse first. With the 10" side at the top, score 1 1/2" and 8 1/2".



With the 8.5" side at the top, score at 3 1/2" and 5".


Cut the vertical lines up until you reach the horizontal lines. Fold and adhere into a box:





You have just completed the bottom of the purse.

Now let's work on the cover. Cut a strip of 8.5 x 1" paper for the handle. Score 1 inch at both ends.

The cover of your purse is 7 1/4" x 6 1/4". With the 6 1/4 at the top, score at 2" and 3 1/2". I rounded my corners and embossed it.



Adhere the two ends of the strip to the middle of the creases so that it is shaped like a handle.


Putting the purse together: Adhere the short side of the top of your purse onto one side of the bottom part of your purse.


All done! Now all you have to do is add your personal touches:

I placed a circle diecut at the front of my purse to accent:

The purse is kept closed with velcro.


Thank you for stopping by! My computer is back up, thanks to DH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate YOU!